ABOUT BOWEL CANCER
Risk factors and risk calculator
Bowel cancer, or colorectal cancer, is a cancerous growth found in the colon or rectum. Read on to learn more
Certain factors can influence your risk of bowel cancer. These include:
- Being 50+ years in age
- A diet high in red meat and/or processed meats and animal fats
- A diet low in fruit and vegetable fibre
- Lack of exercise
- Obesity/being overweight
- Smoking and alcohol
- A personal or family history of bowel cancer
- Genetic factors associated with bowel cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease (includes Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Previous diagnosis of bowel cancer
This quiz will help you identify issues that may increase your risk of bowel cancer and indicate your risk based on personal and family history of polyps and cancer.
Results of the quiz can be printed out for discussion with your doctor.