ABOUT BOWEL CANCER
Risk factors and risk calculator
Bowel cancer, or colorectal cancer, is a cancerous growth found in the colon or rectum. Read on to learn more
Certain factors can influence your risk of bowel cancer and they include;
- Being older than 50 years
- A diet high in red meat and animal fats and low in fruit and vegetable fibre
- Lack of exercise
- Smoking and Alcohol
- A personal or family history of bowel cancer
- Genetic factors associated with bowel cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease (includes Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Previous bowel cancer
Our quiz will help you identify things that may increase your risk of bowel cancer. It will also indicate your risk of bowel cancer based on your personal and family history of polyps and cancer.
At the end of this quiz, you can print out your results and talk to your doctor about them.