Where: Saint Clair Vineyard, Selmes Road, Marlborough
When: Saturday 11th May 2019
Entry Fee: $149, with $50 going straight to BCNZ, additional fundraising target $300
Over the past five years the Saint Clair Vineyard Half Marathon has helped raise more than $230,000 for Bowel Cancer NZ.
Bowel cancer is a huge and fast-growing health issue in New Zealand with 3000+ Kiwis diagnosed with the disease each year and more than 1200 of those losing their lives— that makes it the second highest cause of cancer death in New Zealand after lung cancer!
Saint Clair Vineyard Half Marathon Bowel Cancer NZ entrant:
We’d love you to consider running in the Vineyard Half as a charity entrant to help raise funds for Bowel Cancer NZ. This year we are aiming to raise $70,000 to help improve nationwide awareness of this widespread disease. There are only 150 charity entries available, so be in early to cement your place for this worthy cause.
Race Entry Fee: $150 and $50 of your entry fee goes directly to Bowel Cancer NZ and covers your personalised marathon singlet plus a special runner’s pack that only Bowel Cancer NZ team members get with lots of goodies inside.
Additional Fundraising Target: $300
This is the minimum amount that we would like each charity entrant to raise for Bowel Cancer NZ. You will get plenty of ideas and support from us along the way to help you achieve this. Its super easy to achieve as it means that you only need 10 friends or family to donate or sponsor you for your amazing efforts at $30 each!
How Bowel Cancer NZ will support you:
- As part of your entry you will receive a personalised Thermatech Saint Clair Vineyard Half Marathon “Bowel Cancer NZ” training singlet.
- Bowel Cancer NZ will help you set up and manage an Everyday Hero site to help you reach your fundraising targets
- Awesome incentive prizes for top fundraisers
- Special Bowel Cancer NZ race packs with awesome goodies from our race sponsors
- Bowel Cancer NZ will also keep in touch and provide regular updates and support leading up to race day
- Together, Bowel Cancer NZ and the Vineyard Half Marathon team are committed to helping reduce the impact of bowel cancer on our communities through awareness, education, support and research.
So, what are you waiting for? Get off your butt and rise to the challenge!
About the Saint Clair Vineyard Half Marathon
The Saint Clair Vineyard Half Marathon is an iconic and hugely popular annual Marlborough event. The course is a unique off-road journey through 21 privately owned vineyards with stunning vistas of the Richmond Ranges and panoramic views of the Wairau River, with all sorts of treats and entertainment along the way.
There are three categories in the half marathon (21.1km) – run, walk and hybrid; where you choose to run or walk at your discretion.
Find out even more about the event at the official website