If you’re going through bowel cancer – or if you’ve survived it – we can fund three free counselling sessions. Talking to someone can be hugely helpful at any time during your cancer journey – whenever you feel you need it most.
Counselling can help you find ways to cope with shock, fear, anxiety or depression, personal, family and relationship issues, work and practical difficulties – and anything else you need to talk about.
How it works:
- Bowel Cancer NZ will fund three counselling sessions over 12 months for anyone going through bowel cancer treatment, or who has finished treatment within the last three years.
- We’ve partnered with Benestar, who offer experienced counsellors to choose from nationwide.
- Your counsellor can meet you face-to-face, over the phone or via Skype and a family member or support person is welcome to accompany you.
- You can refer yourself or be referred by a medical professional or family member.
- You’ll need to have all three sessions within 12 months of the first session.