Advice from Dr Sue Crengle, a Bowel Cancer NZ medical advisor, GP and Professor at the Otago Medical School.
- Try not to worry too much.
- Follow the guidelines for level 4 very closely.
- Cancer services are still operating. Check out the Cancer Control Agency’s information on COVID and cancer services and treatment.
- It’s now mandatory to wear masks when you are in supermarkets, pharmacies, service stations and other essential services. You could consider being very cautious and wear a mask whenever you are outside your home.
- Also mandatory now to wear masks in taxis, bus terminals as well as in planes and buses.
- If you haven’t already had your vaccine done, book in and get your covid vaccine – vaccination centres reopen from tomorrow morning. Book through 0800 28 29 26 or online via the website.
- Remember that GP clinics and hospitals are open. If you are sick then call your GP clinic. If you haven’t yet, book in to get your COVID vaccines as soon as the vaccine centres are open again.
- If you have been in Auckland or the Coromandel or have been around someone who has been in the last week, check out the locations of interest and see if they or you need to get a test.
- Regularly check the Covid-19 and Ministry of Health websites for updated information about the current outbreak and lockdown.